Thursday 1 July 2010

To bang, or not to bang.......


Bangs/fringes, whatever you would like to call them, are a tricky matter for me.

I have always been one of those people who lusts after a thick full fringe a la Lily Allen, and so I hastily enter the bathroom armed with a pair of nail scissors and a comb in hand (never a good combination!) and end up leaving the bathroom looking more like an 8 year old who's been attacked by her mother! Uh oh!

Maybe I should leave these sorts of things to my trusted hairdresser, who seems to know my hair like the back of her hand and always gets it right. Unlike me. Each time I sit down in her chair the same phrase greets me "You've been at it AGAIN??! Right, let's see what we can do" And an hour later I emerge a new woman, fringe and all.

But I'm still not sure if a fringe is actually for me. Some people just seem to really suit it and manage to make it look all bohemian and nonchalant. Yet no matter what I do I still seem to look like an overgrown school girl! Ah well... maybe I should just face the fact that I will have to stick to my sweeping side fringe.

Here are some people who definitely get the full fringe right:


Tennessee Thomas of The Like


Lily Allen


Florence Welch


Zooey Deschanel


Marianne Faithfull

No comments:

Post a Comment